STOP SEX OFFENDERS in the PRESS
STOP SEX OFFENDERS (StopSexOffenders.com) has shown up in some pretty popular places, and we thought we would share some of them with you. If you know of any website, newspaper, television or radio station (online or off), that highlights STOP SEX OFFENDERS (StopSexOffenders.com), please let us know so we can include it here. As of 2017, many resources have been removed due to site redesigns and article removals. Those resources are listed at the bottom.
Do you have a website? Why not link to us? :)
Books, Print & Digital
- "What Would You Do? A Kid's Guide to Staying Safe in a World of Strangers," May, 2011.
- "Child Safety Made Simple: An Easy Guide to Teaching Children How to Stay Safe," February 11, 2011.
- "Child Safety: From Sexual Predators: It is our goal to protect children from sexual predators whether online or on the playground," October, 2008.
- "I Know Safety: A Rhyming Story to Help Young Children Learn About Safety," August, 2005. *This is the only book available from STOP SEX OFFENDERS; ebook version currently being updated; print version not currently available.*
- "Preventing Child Sexual Abuse: A National Resource Directory & Handbook Preventing Child Sexual Abuse," Published by The National Sexual Violence Resource Center, 2005.
- "Encyclopedia of Prisons & Correctional Facilities," December, 2004.
- "Web Search Savvy: Strategies and Shortcuts for Online Research," 2004.
- "Polityka spo?eczna, Volume 31, Issues 1-12 By Polska," Page 74, 2004.
- "Media Mythmakers: How Journalists, Activists, and Advertisers Mislead Us," July, 2003.
- "The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Buying a House," March, 2002.
- "Be Alert Be Aware, Have a Plan: The Complete Guide to Protecting Yourself, Your Home, Your Family," Questions to Ask a Prospective Babysitter Published 2002.
- "Naked in Cyberspace: How to Find Personal Information Online," May, 1999 Edition.
Newspapers, Online & Print, still accessible as of 2017
- "WebWatch: Best Bets on the Net," The Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville, June 13, 2003.
- "Nebraska Sex Offender List", Omaha-World Herald, October 3, 2002, March 9, 2003, June 3, 2003.
Magazines, Online & Print
- CosmoGIRL! December 2005/January 2006 issue Sex offender letter campaign.
- "Web Sites Offer Info on Schools, Crime," Realtor® Magazine, March 23, 2004.
- Second reprint of two-page article on child safety, by StopSexOffenders.com, in the Back to School issue of Parenting Plus Magazine, August, 2003.
- First reprint of two-page article on child safety, by StopSexOffenders.com, in the Back to School & Other Safety Tips issue of Parenting Plus Magazine, August/September, 2002.
- Yahoo Internet Life: Site reference in "Ask the Surf Guru" Section, September 5, 2001 *Yahoo Internet Life is no longer in publication.*
- Afrique magazine: Issues 184-195, page 87. Groupe Jeune Afrique, S.A., 2001, Africa.
- Parenting Plus Magazine, Article printed in May, 2000 issue.
- ComputerCurrents, (now ComputerUser): March, 2000.
Television, Online & Print
- "Secret Sex Offenders": WPTV.COM article resource. Updated 12/4/07 *Link no longer found.*
- Dr. Phil show #661 titled, "Is This Normal?" Our website was shown as a result of an internet search - there were 2 other websites shown on the screen besides ours. This show had 4 guests, and our website was shown during the story with Stephanie, who had a fear of being raped, kidnapped or mugged, and was afraid to stay home alone. January 25, 2006.
- "Are Your Kids Safe?" Fox News Story. Listed as one of 5 Related Websites, May 15, 2005.
- Newslink, from NewsChannel 6 WPSDTV: March 5, 2003
- Contacted by The John Walsh Show: Guests needed for a show about adult survivors of abuse who have taken action and fought for justice. We forwarded this information to our contacts. March 7, 2003.
- Contacted by The Montel Williams Show: Guests needed who are survivors or a victim's family who feels the sentence a violent offender received was unjust. We forwarded this information to our contacts. February 25, 2003
- StopSexOffenders.com came up in the top 3 of an Internet search done on The Oprah Show. Topic: Sex offenders and Megan's Law. February 25, 2003
- Link for Internet Safety, New Hampshire Public Television (NHPTV), March 20, 2002.
- Cool Links Section,: DeltaNEWS WXVT 15. January, 2002.
- "Sara Payne: Calm Crusader," BBC News (Newsmakers: Internet Links), December 21, 2001
- CBSnews.com, Informative resource, June 25, 2001.
- CBS Channel 12 KWCN News Wichita Kansas, Listed as Resource to related story.
- CBS Channel 12 WKRC News: Listed in their News Links.
- KSN News Wichita Kansas: Listed in their News Links, Bogner's Bookmarks.
- WDBJ Channel 7, Informative Website Listings.
- TheMilwaukeeChannel.com WISN 12, Listed as resource for the article, "Judge Cites Loopholes In Net Sex Offender Law," August 28, 2000.
- Northcentral Wisconsin's NewsChannel 7, March, 2000.
- WDBJ TV News Channel 7, Roanoke Valley, Virginia, Provided a link to My ParenTime instead of STOP SEX OFFENDERS, since they already have the Virginia Registry link. January, 2000.
Radio, Online & Print
- "Net rife with sites for finding a home," The Kim Komando Radio Show, Chicago, February 16, 2004. Also mentioned in their 2/7/04 newsletter, on usatoday.com and numerous other online newspaper websites that host her column.
- The Kim Komando Radio Show, Chicago, June, 10, 2003. *Kool Site no longer listed. The Internet Archive only started archiving this website in 2002. Kim Komando Radio website only logs a few years worth of 'Kool Sites.'*
- The Big One - NewsRadio 1170 WWVA Resources: Wheeling, West Virginia. January 16, 2002. *No longer listed.*
- The Kim Komando Radio Show, Chicago, March, 2000.*No longer listed.*
- Contacted by The Comcast Network for interview regarding sex offender websites and how they inform the public. February 14, 2005.
- Article interview for the Sun Sentinel. Retraction was needed. Quote was supposed to say, "...If it's an adult that sex-offends a child, there is no mistake there and I can't see that it's a one-time thing." February 23, 2003
- The Ricki Lake Show, Phone interview: Tips and information given, September, 2002.
- Email interview with a reporter from Computer User Magazine: Tips and information given, September, 2002.
- Interviewed by Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (unsure if article ever ran), 2002.
- Office for Victims of Crime, US Dept. of Justice. All prior links removed after their site redesign, new database, and the creation of the National Sex Offender Registry. This is how our link appeared on their website via the Internet Archive.
Organizations & Other Press
- Sexual Offender Notification Reference Link at Glencoe McGraw-Hill, a Division of The McGraw-Hill Companies
- Our child safety tips were handed out in various Middle Schools, May, 2009
- Best of the Web, Sex Crimes Category, August, 31, 2007.
- Oxford County Library, Southwestern Ontario, Canada. Lost in Cyberspace Article Social Responsibility and the Internet, November 20, 2000.
- Justice For All, Site of the Month for October, 2000.
- Skali, Web Reviews, March, 2000.
- Just13plus, March, 2000.
- Fire District 5, Clark County
- USA Today Hotsite Award, May 28, 2003
- 4therapy.com: We were recognized by 4therapy.com, a nation-wide network of professionals, as a website that provides a useful public service to consumers and/or professionals seeking information on the Internet. We are recipients of their RECOGNIZED BY 4therapy.com Award, and thus display it proudly on this page. March 29, 2001 *Site currently unreachable.*
- Yahoo.com, Sex Crimes Directory. *Directory closed in 2014. You can see our listing as it appeared back then via the Internet Archive.
Articles, websites, and links that have been removed in recent years, due to upgrades, revisions, and archiving. *Last check: 3-2017*
- Keeping child safe is part of showing love, The Augusta Chronicle. February 13, 2008.
- Police Notify Public of Sex Offender's Return, Wicked Local (includes Hanover news from the Hanover Mariner and Patriot Ledger). November 21, 2005.
- Not all sex offenders on registry can be found, The Greenville News. Linking to our Resources for survivors of abuse, Responding to Child Abuse, and Guide to Online Safety. July 14, 2005.
- "Crime Databases and Statistics", American Press Institute.
- "Public Records", American Press Institute
- Reno Gazette-Journal, Web resource, September 23, 2004
- "Websites Offer Information on Schools, Crime," The Miami Herald, Page 31HS, March 21, 2004.
- Get Rid of the Scum: Part 3 in a series on child abductions," Canyon News, November 1, 2002.
- Jupiter Courier, print and online edition. December 16, 2001.
- The Advocate Messenger (AMnews.com), Information resource, August, 2001.
- The Springfield News-Leader, Springfield, Missouri: Information resource, July, 2001.
- Scranton Times Tribune, Information resource, May, 2001.
- Sun Sentinel, Article about the My ParenTime Community of Websites, March 25, 2001.
- Reno Gazette-Journal, Listed as resource for article about sex offenders, July 29, 2000.
- Reno Gazette-Journal, Resource for the article, Bill would restrict where sex offenders can live," July 29, 2000
- Neighborhood Post, Weekly edition of The Palm Beach Post (online & print), Florida, June 14, 2000.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Lifestyle Section & Best of the Net, March, 2000.
- NewsBytes, March, 2000.
- 1 of 5 Netscape Editors' Web Picks (Questions You Should Ask a Prospective Babysitter), August 27, 2005. Ran with Associated Press article "Sex Offenders Banned From Storm Shelters".
- Ad Council, My ParenTime linked for our donation of ad space for non-profit organizations, beginning in January, 2000.
- http://www.parenthoodweb.com, Parenthood Web Newsletter, February, 26, 2000. *Site no longer exists.*
- StreamBroadcast.com; listed as a resource for article, "Killer Kidnapper", November, 1999. *This website is no longer online*
- University of South Carolina Beaufort Library, March, 2000.
- MINICAVA electronic Clearinghouse, Minnesota Center Against Violence and Abuse, added May 25, 2001
- Teacher Planet Referred Link to our Word Safety Search, June, 2009
- Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene. *Contacted on 3-5-17: Still displaying the STOP SEX OFFENDERS name, but now linking to the government of Maryland website.*
- Catawba County Library System, North Carolina.
- Vote.com, Listed as the only supporting resource for story about voting on a New Jersey online sex offender registry, November, 2000.