STOP SEX OFFENDERS Related Links
Get more informed by visiting the following websites. *Links last checked: 10-6-15
Please post any questions or comments in our Discussion Forum under the STOP SEX OFFENDERS Category. Give your child the POWER of Knowledge!
How to Respond to Child Abuse: What to Say & Do
Child Safety Maneuvers
- ABA Center on Children and the Law: Their mission is to improve children's lives through advances in law, justice, knowledge, practice, and public policy.
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers: The ATSA is an international organization with a membership of over 1300 professionals committed to the prevention of sexual assault through effective management of sex offenders.
- Biker's Against Child Abuse: This non-profit biker organization is working to create a safer environment for children.
- Child Abuse Prevention Network: This site brings together professionals in the field of child abuse and neglect. They provide unique and powerful tools for all workers to support the identification, investigation, treatment, adjudication, and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Child Safety & Prevention: From The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
- CyberAngels: A Program of Guardian Angels, focusing on safety education.
- Darkness to Light: Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Website.
- Department of Health and Human Services: The HHS is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.
- International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect: Their mission is to prevent cruelty to children in every nation, in every form. They are committed to increasing public awareness of all forms of violence against children, developing activities to prevent such violence, & promoting the rights of children in all regions of the world.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service: Extensive listings of links to criminal and juvenile justice websites.
- Klaas Kids Foundation: They want to make the world safer for your children by stopping crimes against children.
- Tennyson Center for Children: Their vision is one in which every child is free from abuse and neglect, safely nurtured by a loving family,& supported by a caring community.
- Polly Klaas Foundation: Their goals are to find missing children, prevent child abduction, & educate the public.
- Safeguarding Our Children - United Mothers: Find a lot of resources and support at this non-profit organization dedicated to "public awareness, education and prevention of child abuse, and a resource to those who have been wounded by childhood abuse". *Website down indefinitely*
- SafetyEd International: Informative site on Internet safety education & child advocacy.
- Clery Center for Security On Campus: National, non-profit organization geared specifically and exclusively to the prevention of college and university campus violence and other crimes.
- Sex Offender Updates: Free Sex Offender Alerts
- Sexual Abuse Treatment, Research, Resource, and Referral: Articles, research, and other information on sexual abuse.
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: This child protection organization's mission is to "locate and recover missing children and raise public awareness about ways to prevent child abduction, molestation, and sexual exploitation".
- The National Center for Victims of Crime: This informative site's mission is to "forge a national commitment to help victims of crime rebuild their lives". They are dedicated to serving individuals, families and communities harmed by crime. Keep up-to-date with news & events; find an attorney; learn safety strategies; join in a discussion forum; & more.
- The National Organization on Male Sexual Victimization: An organization "committed through research, education, advocacy, and activism to the prevention, treatment and elimination of all forms of sexual victimization of boys and men".
- U.S. Department of Justice-Bureau of Justice Statistics: BJS "collects, analyzes, publishes, and disseminates information on crime, criminal offenders, victims of crime, and the operation of justice systems at all levels of government".
- Victims of Violence: Visit this Canada site to get more informed, and learn ways to keep your children safe from offenders.
- Voices for Children (in Nebraska): Sign their petition to help keep child molesters in prison.
- Web Wise Kids: Their goal is to is to act as an Internet safety resource center for parents, teachers and children.
- WiredSafety.org: Visit the largest safety organization on the Internet!