Sex Offender Registry News - Year 2001
Listed below are all the headlines we gathered in the year 2001 that discussed Sex Offender Registries. Go back to Main Archives page.
- December 28, 2001: IN: Official Wants Registry Upgraded.
- December 24, 2001: CO: Flaws found in child abuse list.
- December 15, 2001: WI: Gap found in Wisconsin sex offender list.
- December 11, 2001: MA: Sex Offender Registry Gears Up.
- December 8, 2001: NJ: Judge - Don't post sex offender data.
- December 3, 2001: HI: Sex Offender Registry Violates Due Process, Hawaii High Court Rules.
- November 21, 2001: HI: Supreme Court Shuts Down Sex Offender Registry.
- November 7, 2001: ND: North Dakota Sex Offender Registry Goes Online.
- November 2, 2001: 14 States: States told to fortify Megan's Law; millions in grant money at stake.
- October 31, 2001: KS: High court weighs sexual-predator laws.
- October 26, 2001: ME: Law reaches back to early 1990s.
- October 21, 2001: CT: Sex Offender Registry Kept Off the Web.
- September 26, 2001: GA: Registry a valuable tool in tracking sex offenders.
- September 23, 2001: D.C.: Sex Offender Law Struck Down.
- September 6, 2001: Canada: Ontario willing to foot bill for national sex offender registry.
- August 3, 2001: BC: Premiers pledge to coordinate national sex offender registry.
- July 23, 2001: NJ: DiFrancesco Signs Bill for Online Sex Offender List.
- June 29, 2001: Boston: Court rules for offender registry.
- June 13, 2001: Louisiana: Launch of iCrimeWatch.net Makes Online Sex Offender Notification Service Available to General Public.
- May 21, 2001: California: Bates Bill Requires Sex Offenders to Disclose Presence on College Campus.
- May 18, 2001: CT: Sex Offender Registry removed from Internet.
- April 22, 2001: Ontario Canada: Ontario to activate Sex Offender Registry at midnight.
- April 10, 2001: CT: Judge Seeks Way to Repair Sex Offender List.
- April 9, 2001: OH: Teens Could Be Labeled As Sex Offenders.
- April 6, 2001: Canada: Peel Regional Police - Ontario sex offender registry.
- April 6, 2001: Canada: OPPA Applauds Province For Establishing First Provincial Sex Offender Registry In Canada.
- April 5, 2001: CT: Lawmakers Seek Fixes For Sex-Offender List.
- March 31, 2001: Kokomo Indiana: Sex offender registry doomed to die.
- March 14, 2001: OTTAWA Canada: House passes sex offender registry. Creation of new database gets rare all-party approval in the Commons, despite Minister's view existing system can work.
- March 13, 2001: OTTAWA Canada: Liberals support Alliance sex-offender motion.
- March 9, 2001: MA: Sex offender registry faces challenge.
- February 5, 2001: OR: Online registry to be scaled back. The Oregon Web site is likely to feature just a fraction of the state's sex offenders, lawmakers say.
- January 16, 2001: TX: Fort Worth to resume running photos of sex offenders in newspaper.
- January 12, 2001: MT: Web site locates sex offenders.
January 12, 2001: General: Sex Offender Web sites are insecure.
January 11, 2001: CO: Better sex-offender list eyed.
January 7, 2001: CA: Police Using Web To Map Locations Of Sex Offenders Easier way to get Megan's Law data.