Keeping children safe is the most important job of being a parent, and it's also important that parents teach their children ways to keep safe. In this Child Safety Area, you'll find articles, monthly child safety tips, and child safety maneuvers -- that we hope will aid & prevent your child from becoming another statistic. If children know in advance how to react, they will have more power on their side to escape any dangerous situations they encounter. We encourage you to read these safety measures and review the "what if" situations with your children. Some of the stories have happy endings, but most do not. Let's do whatever we can to protect our most precious gifts, our children.
Some other things you'll find in this area are: our exclusive printable "Child ID System"; helpful advice & tips regarding "Bullies," and how to respond to them; and our Internet Safety Guide - "Protect Your Children, (and Yourself) Online," which will inform you and your children about Internet predators! In the "Report Child Abuse" section, you'll be able to locate your state's phone number and correct procedures for reporting child abuse.
- Read about our book, "I Know Safety: A Rhyming Story to Help Young Children Learn About Safety", StopSexOffenders.com (Ages 2-8, Read with young children). Included with the story are numerous safety tips for parents, inspiring quotes, and Child ID Cards! It's never too early to begin teaching your child about safety!
- Monthly Child Safety Tips
- Child Safety Articles Please read these informative articles and help protect your children!
- Questions to ask a Prospective Babysitter
- Child Safety Maneuvers
Situations involving children under 6 years old:
Situations involving children 6 to 12 years old:
- Boy, 6 years old Abducted while walking alone to school bus stop.
- Girl Abducted at school bus stop.
- Girl, 6 years old Abducted from ball park.
- Girl, 8 years old Snatched from her bedroom (window had a broken lock).
- Girl, 9 years old Abducted from her neighborhood by a convicted sexual predator.
- Girl, 10 years old Attacked after she let strangers in while home alone.
- Girl, 10 years old Abducted while walking home alone from a friend's house.
- Girls, 11 & 7 years old Abducted by someone they knew while walking home.
- Boy, 11 years old Attacked while selling school candy door-to-door alone.
- Girl, 12 years old Abducted from her bedroom through an unlocked door.
- Boy, 12 years old Assaulted by a pedophile.
Situations involving teenagers:
- Child ID System
- "Taking the Bully by the Horns"
- Internet Safety Guide: "Protect Your Children (and yourself) Online"
- Responding to Child Abuse
- Report Child Abuse
- Survivors of Abuse